Did you know that, with a 501(c)(3) charitable organization like Yellow Ribbon Vehicles, you can donate a car for a tax credit? If the expenses of repairing, storing and insuring an old vehicle have become too much, donate your car to Yellow Ribbon Vehicles and help US Veterans who have served our country.
Yellow Ribbon Vehicles was started by a United States Veteran, so we’re a trustworthy and reputable cause dedicated to improving the lives of Veterans. We also have a wide network of car auctioneers to maximize your contribution for that tax credit you’re seeking. In fact, we get much of our funding through charitable car donations from tax-savvy folks like you. So, it’s a win-win! You can help a worthy cause and donate a car for a tax credit!
When you make a car donation to Yellow Ribbon, you can make a difference in the lives of US Veterans because we use proceeds from donated cars to provide valuable assistance:
Financial coaching/counseling, available one-on-one or in a group setting, this coaching helps Veterans responsibly manage their finances after serving. This may seem like common knowledge, but to a Veteran whose family situation has changed during deployment, it can truly make a difference.
Emergency financial assistance, for reintegrating Veterans after deployment.
Housing assistance and education to make home purchasing easier and reduce the homeless Veteran population.
Employment assistance and training to help Veterans find and retain employment.
We make the car donation process easy:
- You can schedule a free pick up or tow, or schedule a drop off time, whatever works best for you!
- We’ll handle any paperwork for you, including title transfers
Yellow Ribbon Vehicles can accept vehicle donations in any condition:
- Used cars
- Non-working vehicles
- Fire- or flood-damaged cars
Just follow these three easy steps to donate a car for a tax credit:
- Fill out our form: http://www.yellowribbonvehicles.org or call 1-855-215-4373.
- Schedule the car donation pick up or drop off.
- You will receive your IRS Tax Receipt as soon as the vehicle sells. Typically, you’ll have your receipt within 30 days of when you donate the car, which you can then use for a tax credit.
Since each donor’s tax situation is unique, we do recommend consulting a tax professional about how to properly itemize your car donation for a tax credit.