If you’re thinking of parting with your used vehicles, consider auto donations for Veterans through Yellow Ribbon Vehicles. Auto donation can reduce the aggravation of keeping the car if you’re not using it often – maintenance expenses, repair costs, auto storage and/or insurance premiums.
If you’ve already decided to get rid of your vehicle, auto donation for Veterans can save you from the headaches of listing the automobile, multiple calls and appointments from potential buyers and the price-haggling that it takes to ultimately sell the automobile.
Charitable auto donations are a great way to help US Veterans who have served our country. When you donate your auto to a Veteran charity like Yellow Ribbon, you can make a difference in the lives of those who have served because we use funds from the sale to provide various types of assistance to Veterans:
Financial coaching/counseling, available one-on-one or in a group setting, this coaching helps Veterans responsibly manage their finances after serving. This may seem like common knowledge, but to a Veteran whose family situation has changed during deployment, it can truly make a difference.
Housing assistance and education to make home purchasing easier and reduce the homeless Veteran population.
Emergency financial assistance, for reintegrating Veterans after deployment.
Employment assistance and training to help Veterans find and retain employment.
And, because Yellow Ribbon Vehicles is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, auto donations for Veterans are tax deductible on your itemized tax return. Our goal is to maximize the value of your auto donation when it is sold, so your auto donation helps our Veterans in the biggest way possible.
We make the auto donation process easy for you:
- You can schedule a free auto donation pick up or tow, or schedule a drop off time, whatever works best for you!
- We’ll handle any auto donation paperwork for you, including title transfers
Auto donations for Veterans can be accepted in any condition:
- Used autos
- Non-working or broken automobiles
- Fire- or flood-damaged auto donations
Auto donations for Veterans through Yellow Ribbon have three easy steps:
- Fill out our form: http://www.yellowribbonvehicles.org or call 1-855-215-4373.
- Schedule the auto donation pick up or drop off.
- You will receive your IRS Tax Receipt as soon as the auto donation sells. Typically, you’ll have your auto donation receipt within 30 days of pick up/drop off.
Remember, an auto donation for Veterans through Yellow Ribbon Vehicles is tax deductible. Since each donor’s tax situation is unique, we recommend consulting a tax professional about how to properly itemize your auto donation on your taxes.